fredag den 5. februar 2016

Bohemian Books - Handmade notebooks and the love of paper ...



The past 3 weeks I've been in Paper Heaven. ♥ 

I've learned how to make handmade, stiched books and I simply L-O-V-E it.

Every step of the process inspires me, whether it's tearing/cutting paper, selecting colors and patterns, stiching by machine or by hand, glueing, or decorating, it all inspires me to do the next book, and the next one after that, and the next one ...!


Making a book is actually quite a lot of work, but it's also a lot of fun!

A little bit of hippie and a touch of shabby-chic, a tint of retro and a handful of kitsch ... and all the colors of the rainbow. That's what makes my Bohemian Books.

So far I have made 14 books, all different ... all one-of-a-kind, colorful, and very bohemian ... just the way I prefer it!

I'm keeping the first two books for my own collection, and the other ones are now up for sale online in my webshop www.lilula.dk.

 

 

If you have a query on a specific color or color combo please don't hesitate to drop me a note. I'll make custom orders whenever I have the time for it. I ship worldwide.

Customers outside Denmark
If you want to purchase one of my Bohemian Books you don't need to order it through my webshop - it's only an option. You can also send me an E-mail at lisbet(a)tokkerup.dk, letting me know which book you're interested in, and I'll get back to you a.s.a.p.

Danmark
Hvis du bor i nærheden af Tokkerup (Lejre), er du velkommen til at købe din Bohemian Book direkte hos mig, Send mig en mail på lisbet(a)tokkerup.dk, så vender jeg tilbage til dig ang. tidspunkt etc.


 


Feeling the love for paper isn't new to me at all

Ever since I was a teenager in the 1970'ies I've been addicted to paper. By that time I had a lot of penpals from all over the World (once I had 58 penpals at one time to be exact), and being a snailmail penpal is kind of equal to loving paper and everything you can use for writing and decorating your letters: Stationary, envelopes, stickers, stamps, postal stamps, tape, markers etc.

I'm the kind of person who never really throw anything away (except for real trash ofcourse), and I save a lot of things "just in case" ... without being one of those hoarders you meet on TV from time to time (well, I hope not). And now I really appreciate the items I have stored away for all those years as the beauty of the stationary is perfect for my new Bohemian Books.

Although I already have lots of paper I can't get enough, and whenever I find new, beautiful paper I can't help myself buying it (if it's affordable).

A drawer full of ready-to-use-pages
for the Bohemian Books ...
Sometimes I'm asked where I find and buy paper, masking tape etc. and this is what one of my next blog posts will be all about. Till then: Thanx for following me, enjoy your day, and see you soon!

PS. Do you know you can meet me on Instagram? - and you're more than welcome to follow me @LLLogCo (LLL&Co)

*SMILES*
from Lisbet

-----------------------------------------------------------
Use code LARSEN10 for -10% OFF everything in the webshop, www.puravidabracelets.com
-----------------------------------------------------------

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

Læg gerne en hilsen, hvis du kommer forbi.